Systems Engineer -positions: W0005356, W0039037, W0039930, W0041531
Kansas State University Enterprise Server Technologies, Manhattan Kansas, is seeking applications for four Systems Engineers. Employees in these positions will serve as members of one or more Systems Engineering teams responsible for engineering and third-level support of Unix Systems, Windows Systems, Networks, Databases, Virtualization, Data Center Operations, and Security technologies.
Responsibilities in each of the above domains include:
- Responsibilities in each of the above domains include - please see Responsibilities PDF
- Participate in professional training in furtherance of certification in line with team duties and responsibilitiesM
- Such other duties as may be required
- A minimum of two years' combined education and/or experience as required in at least one of the skilled domains' matrices
- Two to five years' experience in at least one of the following engineering domains: Unix Systems, Windows Systems, Networking, Databases, Virtualization, Data Center Operations, or Security.
- Demonstrated capability to conduct duties outlined above in one or more domains
- Ability to track and apportion time across multiple projects and troubleshooting tickets
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Effective communicator (orally and in writing) with non-technical and technical audiences
- Willingness to certify through examination or other means that requisite knowledge, skills, and experience are possessed in order to maintain or progress in responsibility and salary
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, or other field relevant to information technology
- Certifications in relevant engineering domains
- Experience working with IT systems deployed in higher education
- Understanding and experience with ITIL processes
- Experience troubleshooting complex IT issues in interconnected systems
Salary Range: Commensurate with skills and experience
Applicants must submit:
- Cover letter reflecting how your skills meet the requirements of the position
- Names, phone numbers, and email addresses of at least three professional references
Submit application materials electronically to email@example.com
Screening of applications begins January 13, 2014, and will continue until position is filled.
Questions may be directed to Viki Horan at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For a full listing of benefits please visit the Division of Human Resources.
Kansas State University is an equal opportunity employer and actively seeks diversity among its employees.
Background check required of successful applicant.