Inviting Dependents

Only the spouse and unmarried minor children (under 21 years of age) of the exchange visitor are eligible for J-2 status. If you are already in the U.S. and would like to request a DS-2019 for a dependent, you must submit to the ISSS a Request for J-1 Services and a Request for a Dependent DS-2019. Please be aware that you will need to demonstrate that you have the funding to support additional dependents.