Want to meet other History majors? Get to know History professors? Think about historical topics that come up in the news, on TV, and in the movies? History Club is there for you!
Open to all students, the History Club is an informal organization that emphasizes the enjoyment and exploration of history. Our events are held in partnership with Phi Alpha Theta and our goal is to bring people together for discussion, social interaction, and fun.
If you have any questions or would like to join the History Club please contact faculty advisor Dr. Maner email@example.com
Phi Alpha Theta
"We seek to bring students, teachers, and writers of history together for intellectual and social exchanges, which promote and assist historical research and publication by our members in a variety of ways."
-Mission Statement of Phi Alpha Theta History Honor Society
KSU Chapter: Delta-Sigma
Phi Alpha Theta is an honorary society for students who are majoring, minoring, or in love with history. It is the perfect opportunity for those interested in ways to be "well known" by the History Department (essential for getting scholarships).
"Phi Alpha Theta is viewed as the highest-rated departmental honor society and is second only to Phi Beta Kappa on a national level among the honor societies. Phi Alpha Theta is a professional society whose purpose is to promote the study of history through the encouragement of research, good teaching, publication, and the exchange of learning and ideas among historians. It seeks to bring students, teachers, and writers of history together both intellectually and socially; and it encourages and assists historical research and publication by its members in a variety of ways."
-La Sierra University
What We Do
Reasons to join the KSU Chapter:
- Solve the Grad School Mystery: learn more about the graduate school process from current graduate students and improve your applications
- Guest Speakers
- Monthly Meetings
- Dinners with Professors
- Community Service
- Attend or Participate in History Conferences
- Movie Nights
- Meet colleagues who share your passion for history
Membership qualifications for Phi Alpha Theta
- History major/minor NOT required
- At least 3.1 minimum GPA in 12 or more credit hours of history courses
- At least 3.0 minimum overall GPA
- When class rank is available, should be in upper 35% of class
- $50 lifetime membership fee (pay by cash/check via Dr. Maner)
- Online payment option available - please check with Dr. Maner
Download Phi Alpha Theta application HERE
Benefits of Being a Member
Over 25 scholarships and prizes awarded annually, including:
- Best Chapter Award
- Book Award
- PAT Paper Prize Award
- Nash History Journal Prize
- PAT/Undergraduate Student
- PAT/Ben Proctor SWSSA Award
- PAT/Westerners International Award
- PAT/Western Front Association Prize
- PAT/World History Association Prize
For more information: Contact faculty advisor Dr. Maner firstname.lastname@example.org