Student Learning Outcomes (SLOs) for History Majors:
The History Department at Kansas State University is committed to rigorous and analytical work in the field of history. Upon completion of an undergraduate degree, history majors should be able to do the following:
- Distinguish between primary and secondary sources and explain how they are used to make historical claims.
- Recognize that historical questions can be viewed from different perspectives and evaluate the competing interpretations that arise from these perspectives.
- Conduct historical research, which includes finding relevant primary and secondary sources and interpreting these materials.
- Communicate their understanding of history through clear and effective writing.
- Provide proper documentation in written work and evaluate historical arguments in a professional manner.