K-State New Employee Welcome
Human Capital Services (HCS) invites all new employees to attend the K-State New Employee Welcome. Designed as a half day experience, this event is the first in a year-long comprehensive program to help acclimate new employees to K-State culture, structure, and resource. In addition, this program will help new employees understand campus initiatives, university history and traditions. This program is offered to new, permanent employees.
The K-State New Employee Welcome program will occur once a month for half a day. The schedule will include topics such as benefits, resources, K-State history and traditions and campus resources. The program will be held in the K-State Alumni Association, Tadtman Boardroom.
- 8-8:30 a.m. - Registration, Welcome, Housekeeping
- 8:30-9 a.m. - Discover K-State: History and Traditions
This session will introduce new employees to the rich history of K-State including our most cherished traditions.
- 9-9:30 a.m. - Discover K-State: Future Focused
The President's Office will provide information on many of K-State's key initiatives and projects currently underway to help achieve our mission and goals
- 9:45-10:15 a.m.- People, Culture, Principles of Community
This session will introduce new employees to the people, culture and principles that guide K-State.
- 10:15-11 a.m. - Benefits Overview and Employee Perks
This session will provide need-to-know information containing basic and voluntary employee benefits as well as employee perks.
- 11:10-12 p.m.- Key Resources
This session will share how employees navigate K-State and the resources that will allow them to be successful, including but not limited to, IT services, systems, the university structure, the PPM and the University Handbook.
- 12-12:30 p.m. - K-State Anti-Discrimination Policy (PPM 3010)
The Office of Institutional Equity will present information on PPM 3010, the university non-discrimination policy. Participants will learn what conduct is prohibited and how to recognize it, the Policy's jurisdiction, how to make a report under the Policy, and how reports are reviewed and resolved.
- 12:30-1:15 p.m. - Lunch Break (lunch is provided)
- 1:30-2:30 p.m. - K-State Campus Walking Tour
The Office of Student Life, New Student Services will guide program participants through the K-State Campus.
Frequently Asked Questions
All new employees are strongly encouraged to attend this program as it establishes a strong foundation for their new employment at Kansas State University.
- All new benefits-eligible employees (faculty, unclassified and university support staff) within their first 90 days of employment.
- Rehires that have been away form three or more years
Please sign up for the next available session however, attendance in the first session after your hire date is most desirable.