Lynda.com is an online library of video courses that is growing in popularity. This resource allows users to have unlimited access to over 30,000 courses on any computer, tablet, or mobile device. Lynda.com contains training on technology, software programs, leadership, management and even soft skills taught by industry experts. This resource is free to anyone who has a participating public library in the area. To access Lynda.com, users will need to sign up for a library card to begin unlimited access. Participating libraries are:
Thinking of utilizing Lynda.com? Here are ideas to increase engagement in your department while learning new information:
- Host a brownbag luncheon in your department/unit and watch a video course together.
- Ask a team member to watch a video course and host a roundtable to share the content with the team.
- Make Lynda.com a standing item on meeting agendas where individuals get together frequently. Rotate the responsibility of asking a team member to watch a video and report their thoughts on content and value for the other team members.
- Refer Lynda.com training topics to someone who you mentor and discuss over coffee.
* Access to Lynda.com through Manhattan Public Library is limited to the following counties: Chase, Clay Dickinson, Geary, Lyon, Marion, Marshall, Morris, Pottawatomie, Riley, Wabaunsee, and Washington.