Inviting and Hiring Foreign Nationals
Course Code: WHR143
Course Name: Inviting and Hiring Foreign Nationals
Department: Human Capital Services
Length of Session: 3 Hours
Audience: HCS Liaisons, Department Heads, Faculty
Session Description: International Student and Scholar Services (ISSS) in collaboration with Human Capital Services (HCS) is offering this session to HCS Liaisons, Department Heads, and faculty involved with inviting and/or hiring foreign nationals. Information presented will include details about the various visa options, the processes, and costs involved.
Session Objectives: As a result of this session, participants will:
- Understand the various visa options and identify the best choice for employment.
- Discuss the limitations for each visa status.
- Review processes, the costs involved, and the timelines.
- Define departmental obligations for each visa status.
- Determine tax status for foreign nationals- are they nonresident or resident for tax purposes?
- Determine if tax treaty benefits apply.
- Discuss new procedures regarding Export Control