1. K-State home
  2. »Human Capital Services
  3. »Forms
  4. »Additional Pay Form

Human Capital Services

Additional Pay Form

Fill out the Additional Pay Form (pdf)


BONUSES are always one-time awards for merit (no work performed); are always paid on supplemental payrolls because no retirement is deducted; and may be either gross, net or set (gross + employer-paid benefits) amounts.

All other Additional Pays:

ALL OTHER ADDITIONAL PAYS are payments for work performed; may be for multiple pay periods; are gross amounts only; and are not paid on supplemental payrolls unless received too late for the on-cycle payroll.

Completing the form:

Employee Name: Name of employee receiving Additional Pay (required)
Emplid: Employee ID number (required)
Rec #: Employment Record number of employee’s Job record (In most cases Rec # = 0)

The information below pertains to the employee’s regular, full time appointment
Department ID: Department Number of employee
Department Name: Name of employee’s department
Position Pool ID: Position Pool ID if applicable
Position Number: Position number of employee (required)

Effective Date: Date Additional Pay is to begin (Must be at beginning of pay period.) (required)
Earnings: Dollar amount per biweekly pay period (required)
Earn End Date: Date Additional Pay will end (required)
Goal Amount: Total amount of Additional Pay to be paid over two or more pay periods (optional)
Additional Pay Earnings Code:  Place a checkmark or “X” next to the appropriate earnings code (required). The majority of Faculty Add Pays are Overloads. For Overload Payments place a checkmark or “X” in the appropriate category: Continuing Educ Course; Non-Continuing Educ Course; or Other Reason.

Add Pay Earnings Code


Earnings Code Descriptions



Contractual Pay (Non-Budgeted Salary in addition to Budgeted Salary such as a Professorship).  Note:  Per OMB Circular A-21, Section J,  10, d, (1),  “Charges for work performed on sponsored agreements by faculty members during the academic year will be based on the individual faculty member’s regular compensation for the continuous period which, under the policy of the institution concerned, constitutes the basis of his or her salary.  Charges for work performed on sponsored agreements during all or any portion of such period are allowable at the base salary rate.  In no event will charges to sponsored agreements, irrespective of the basis of computation, exceed the proportionate share of the base-salary for the period”; therefore, add pays cannot be paid from a sponsored agreement. 


Overload Payment (Additional Compensation for extra work above normal full-time duties.)  Normally limited to ten consecutive pay periods.   Payments may be made from any funding source, but must be approved by the Dean of the College.  In addition, approval by the Dean of Continuing Education is required for all Continuing Education overloads (Continuing Educ Course).  A copy of the Continuing Education electronically routed overload approval must accompany this additional pay form in lieu of routing this form for signature.   Non-Continuing Education overloads (Non-continuing Educ Course) require the approval of the Provost.  Overloads for (Other Reasons) require approval of the Provost or Vice President whichever is appropriate.   Overloads cannot be paid from a sponsored agreement (see CNT above).


Graduate Teaching Assistant - GTA (Extra pay above GTA’s regular salary; usually in the form of an award or outstanding achievement.)  *


Graduate Research Assistant - GRA (Extra pay above GRA’s regular salary; usually in the form of an award or outstanding achievement.)  *


Quality Bonus Payments (Used for Local Agencies only)


Faculty Award Payments

* Note: Payment for additional duties must be made by increasing the FTE of the GTA or GRA appointment or by appointing the GTA or GRA to a concurrent hourly student position.

Additional Information: A detailed explanation regarding the additional pay is required with appropriate
documentation attached.
Funding Information: Funding information is for Departmental use. Payroll staff is available to assist
with updating funding when necessary.
Signature Authorization: Obtain appropriate signatures as required. All additional payments require the
approval of the Provost.

Related KSU Policy and Procedures Manual Chapter:  4650.110 Unclassified Employee Personnel Actions