HCS Collaboration Team
Human Capital Services established an internal collaboration team to improve human resources workflow processes and system workflows. Members of the group will be prioritizing items that have the greatest impact on stakeholders. External stakeholders will be kept apprised of progress through this website. HCS may be outreaching to stakeholders to gather feedback as specific processes are reviewed. Because process work flows impact many users, there will be a specific plan to review each identified opportunity, engage with stakeholders, make necessary updates (forms, PPMs, etc..), and communicate out final changes.
Collaboration Team Objectives
- Identify situations/processes that are documented (partially or fully).
- Review the history and evolution of the situation/process.
- Work collaboratively to adjust or document procedures of what is needed by all stakeholders for identified situations and processes.
- Document who owns the process and who is accountable for compliance with a goal of standardization.
- Identify the appropriate storage location for processes.
- Formalize a procedure change.
- Update PPMs (as appropriate).
- Craft communication plan for procedure change/update for internal and external stakeholders.
- Follow documented procedures when unique situations arise.
- Confirm alignment of adjusted process with internal and external stakeholders as appropriate.
- Continuously communicate if something is out of documented procedures.
- David Brown, Director of Resource Center and Operations (co-chair)
- Shanna Legleiter, Associate Vice President (co-chair)
- Greta Bauer, Human Capital Specialist
- Becky Beckley, Human Capital Specialist
- Lauren Dewell, Human Capital Specialist
- Lindsey Fouquette, Executive Recruitment Manager
- Kristi Fronce, Human Capital Specialist
- Jenny Locanthi, Compensation and Organizational Effectiveness Manager
- Jaime Parker, Sr. Compensation Analyst
- Connie Pfaff-Eickhoff, Sr. Strategic Partner/ATS Administrator
- Mary-Beth Rhoads, Human Capital Specialist
- Kellie Wilson, Sr. Strategic Partner
The HCS Collaboration Team has identified the following tasks to be reviewed based on priority, impact, and appropriate timeframe to accomplish the review.
- Acting and Interim Appointments
- Handling and Documenting Exceptions
- Start Date Adjustments
- Position Data Process (PER-36)
- Add Pay Forms
- Internal Employee Hire Process
- Onboarding/Export File
- Reclassifications (PER-2)
- Promotions (Faculty vs. Staff)
- FLSA Reviews
- Appointment Forms (PER-38/38a)
- Change Form (PER-39)
- Minimum Qualification Review
- Overlapping Positions
- Waiver Process
- Onboarding New Liaisons
- Temporary Hire Process
- Examining Preliminary Faculty Access
- Base Salary Increases (PER-46s)
- Paper Review Form
- Executive Recruitment Process