GRA/GTA/GA Health Insurance
The Kansas Board of Regents (KBOR) in cooperation with the Regents Institutions of the State of Kansas is pleased to offer to Graduate Research Assistants (GRA), Graduate Teaching Assistants (GTA), Graduate Assistants (GA), and their dependents, a Blanket Injury and Sickness Insurance Plan underwritten by UnitedHealthcare Insurance Company and administered by UnitedHealthcare Student Resources.
To be eligible for the GRA/GTA/GA student health insurance plan, including an employer contribution, an eligible student employee must first meet both of the following conditions:
- the student employee is enrolled in the student health care benefits component of the state health care benefits program, and
- the student is appointed for the current semester to a GRA, GTA, or GA position or some combination of the three, that is at least a .5 FTE appointment.
By design, this is a prepaid health insurance plan which means the semester premiums are paid in advance at the time of applying for coverage.
For more information please visit Human Capital Services.
|Semester open enrollment period|
|Fall||August 1 - 31|
|Spring||January 1 - 31|
|Summer||June 1 - 30|
Missed the session?
If you were unable to attend the session in person or join by Zoom, checkout the video recording.
This session included information about
- the Kansas Board of Regents health insurance plan, offered through UnitedHealthcare Student Resources (described above)
- the increase in premium rates for the 2018-2019 year, beginning with the fall 2018 semester
- understanding common health insurance terminology
- resources for exploring other health insurance coverage options
- information about requirements specific to international graduate students on assistantship appointments
- Amanda McDiffett, Director of Benefits, Division of Human Capital Services
- Maria Beebe, Associate Director, International Student and Scholar Services