Why I chose K-State:
After completing a master's degree in entomology, I was looking for a PhD program, and I found K-State offers highly competitive Entomology program with diverse areas of research led by outstanding mentors. At that time, my husband was also working on a PhD at K-State. As such, K-State was perfect fit for me, both for academic and personal reasons.
What I enjoy about Manhattan, KS
Manhattan has wonderful diverse communities and a peaceful environment.
- MS in Entomology from Rutgers University
- BS in Agriculture from Tribhuvan University, Lamjung, Nepal
- Graduate Research Assistant
- President-Elect, Society of Overseas Nepalese Entomologists (SONE)
- Outreach Coordinator, Popenoe Entomology Club
- GSC Research Forums Committee member
- Judging Panel, Alate Award, Entomological Society of America member
- Entomology Department Academic Affairs Committee representative
- Entomology Department Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Committee representative
- I enjoy spending time travelling, listening to music, and hiking