MS student in Gerontology - online program
From St. Louis, Missouri
Why I chose K-State:
When I decided to study gerontology at the graduate level, I was looking for an online program that provided high quality courses, a commitment to the study of aging, and flexibility for someone who is employed full-time. I was able to find that through Kansas State University and the K-State Center on Aging.
My experience as an online student
I am a board-certified music therapist with experience working in long-term care as well as hospice and palliative care. I currently work full-time while taking graduate courses. As a Global Campus student, I strive to stay involved with the K-State community by taking advantage of the opportunities offered through the Graduate Student Council and by interacting with others in my degree program.
- Bachelor of Music in Music Therapy from Florida State University
- American Music Therapy Association member
- Georgia Gerontology Society member
- I worked full-time for five years before deciding to attend graduate school, which I am completing while continuing full-time employment.
- In my free time, I enjoy playing the cello in various community ensembles, spending time with my cat, and going on adventures with my husband.