Graduate Student Ambassador Program
Calling all K-State graduate students!
If you enjoy meeting new people, sharing your experiences as a K-State graduate student, and are interested in developing your leadership potential, then we have the best opportunity for you!
The Graduate School is searching for current students to be Graduate Student Ambassadors. We want students who are eager to share their K-State graduate student experiences with future Wildcats and to welcome prospective and incoming graduate students to the K-State community!
We are looking for graduate students who are proud and passionate to be a K-State student and are able to communicate the importance and value of K-State graduate student education.
Kansas State University Graduate Student Ambassadors are current graduate students who come from a variety of disciplines and backgrounds and are selected to serve as official student representatives. Ambassadors support prospective, new, and current students by providing campus tours, interacting with students through email, and assisting at graduate student events.
- Must be currently enrolled graduate student and have completed at least one semester at Kansas State University and remain in good academic standing.
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Motivated to be a positive representative of Kansas State University with diverse constituents.
- Must be able to commit up to 1-2 hours per week of volunteer work and attend a training prior to your appointment.
- Have a positive, enthusiastic attitude about K-State and strong customer service skills.
Roles and responsibilities of Graduate Student Ambassadors
Graduate Ambassadors are selected representatives from graduate programs across Kansas State University. These students are to represent their program, the Graduate School, and Kansas State University in a professional and positive manner. Graduate Ambassadors will complete an orientation to become familiar with Graduate School information and their roles and responsibilities.
Expected responsibilities of a graduate ambassador include but are not limited to the following:
- Respond to emails from prospective and newly admitted students about their graduate program and about graduate student life at K-State and in Manhattan.
- Assist with Graduate School events during the academic year, such as orientation for new graduate students and commencement ceremonies each fall and spring semester.
- Provide campus tours to prospective, newly admitted, and current graduate students. These are 40-60 minute walking tours of campus.
Application Deadline: June 1, 2020