1. K-State home
  2. »University Finance and Budget
  3. »Division of Financial Services
  4. »General Accounting
  5. »Paying A Nonresident Alien

Division of Financial Services

General Accounting
Unger Complex
2323 Anderson Avenue
Suite 500
Manhattan, KS 66502

785-532-5577 fax

Paying a Nonresident Alien

Payments to nonresident aliens, who are conducting activities in the United States, require additional tax guidelines.  The three most common types of payments to nonresident aliens are payments of honoraria or payments for services rendered, scholarship/fellowship, and substantiated travel reimbursement.  Please see the information below to learn more about the tax guidelines for each type of payment.