What specific services does ESS provide?
- One-on-One Tutoring— ESS provides one-on-one tutoring in all major subjects to eligible students. Sessions are scheduled with trained peer and specialist tutors. A Writing Specialist is available to proofread papers—by appointment only.
- One-on-One Academic Troubleshooting —ESS students have an opportunity to work one-on-one with a coordinator throughout the semester or school year. The ESS Coordinator will help the student develop an academic plan utilizing a variety of resources that will help the student stay on task and have a successful year.
- Workshops—ESS students can attend workshops in the following areas: Time Management, Test Taking, Test Anxiety, Balancing Work and School, Critical Thinking, and many more. These services supplement the student’s college advising.
- Financial and Economic Literacy Seminars— ESS partners with PowerCat Financial Services where students have access to workshops offered during the semester designed to improve financial and economic literacy.
- Graduate School Prep Workshops assistance—ESS students planning to attend graduate school can get help with preparation for the GRE , MCAT, and VCAT as well as applying to graduate school and finding funding sources.
Supplemental Grant Aid
Each spring semester, current ESS participants, who are in their first two years of postsecondary education and who are receiving Federal Pell Grants, are eligible to apply for ESS Grant Aid. Award amounts may vary with a minimum amount of $600. Application and participation requirements will be sent to qualifying students at the end of each fall semester.