What specific services does ESS provide?
- Tutoring— ESS provides one-on-one tutoring in all major subjects to eligible students. Sessions are scheduled with trained peer and specialist tutors. A Writing Specialist is available to proofread papers—by appointment only.
- One-on-One Counseling Service— ESS Counselors have an opportunity to work one-on-one with each student. Unlike traditional counseling programs, ESS professionals get to know each student and are committed to their success.
- Academic Seminars—ESS students can attend seminars in the following areas: Time Management, Test Taking, Test Anxiety, Balancing Work and School, Critical Thinking, and many more. These services supplement the student’s college advising.
- Financial and Economic Literacy Seminars— ESS students have access to workshops offered during the semester by PowerCat Financial Services designed to improve financial and economic literacy
- Graduate School Prep Workshops assistance—ESS students planning to attend graduate school can attend workshops on the GRE , MCAT, and VCAT as well as applying to Grad School and finding funding sources.
Supplemental Grant Aid
Each spring semester, current ESS participants, who are in their first two years of postsecondary education and who are receiving Federal Pell Grants, are eligible to apply for ESS Grant Aid. Award amounts may vary with a minimum amount of $600. Application and participation requirements will be sent to qualifying students at the end of the fall semester.