Each fall semester current ESS TRIO participants, who meet established criteria, are eligible to apply for a Grant Aid award provided by the Department of Education and Kansas State University. Grant Aid is awarded in the spring semester. Award amounts may vary each year with a minimum amount of $650.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be an active ESS participant
- Be receiving a Federal Pell Grant
- Be in their first 2 years of postseconday education (includes years enrolled at another 2 or 4 year institution following high school graduation)*
- Have financial unmet need or loans as part of their financial aid award for 2018-2019
*Students in their 3rd year of postsecondary education who meet the other criteria may apply but priority is given to 1st and 2nd year students.
Successful applicants will be notified by email and must complete the following requirements in order to receive an award:
- Schedule an initial Grant Aid meeting with your ESS Coordinator
- Complete the PowerCat Financial College Financial Planning course. The course is a series of 3 one-hour meetings with a trained peer financial counselor.**
- Maintain a cumulative 2.0 GPA 2018 Fall semester or enroll in DAS 199 Study Skills course for Spring 2019
- Schedule a 2019 Spring meeting with your ESS Coordinator for follow-up
** This requirement applies only to 1st time Grant Aid applicants. Previous Grant Aid recipients will be required to set up a 1 hour meeting with a PowerCat Financial peer financial counselor to review last year's plan.
Download 2018-2019 Grant Aid application
ACCEPTANCE DATES FOR 19-20 APPLICATIONS TO BE ANNOUNCED LATER FALL 2019