Educational Supportive Services hires peer tutors to provides individualized tutorial assistance to students that can help them develop the academic and study skills necessary for success in the college classroom. We offer tutorial services for courses at all undergraduate levels.
Academic peer tutors work with students on a one-on-one or small group basis. The main expectation is to support or supplement regular classroom instruction. Peer tutors report to the ESS Academic Services Coordinator.
- Qualifications\Current Hourly Rate (pdf)
- To apply as a tutor, join Handshake, the Career Center's recruiting and career services platform for K-State students, alumni and employers.
We are currently hiring tutors for the following subjects:
- Accounting (All Levels)
- Biology (All Levels)
- Economics (All Levels)
- Geography (All Levels)
- Geology (All Levels)
- History (All Levels)
- Statistics (All Levels)
- Math (All Levels)
- Chemistry (All Levels)
- Physics (All Levels)
- Foreign Languages (All Levels)
- Sociology (All Levels)
Educational Supportive Services is looking for committed students who are interested in helping support and promote the ESS program by serving as Peer Ambassadors.
Peer Ambassadors represent the department in a professional manner at events, workshops, and conferences and will be a helpful and professional advocate for the program. They will provide a student perspective on the services and activities of the program as well gain knowledge about other on- campus resources for students and staff alike. Peer Ambassadors also provide assistance to ESS Office and staff in Holton and Holtz Hall which includes, but is not limited to, assistance in managing both physical and electronic filing system, updating paperwork, maintaining documents, word processing, performing office clerk duties, running errands, coordinating events and programs as necessary.
Starting pay: $8/hr
· Up to 20 hrs per week - Schedule will be based on availability between the hours of 8AM – 5PM, M-F
· Current needs:
Holtz Hall - hours available between 8AM – 5PM, M-F
Holton Hall-ESS Office- Tuesday & Thursday afternoons beginning at 12-1PM for 2-5 hours and M,W,F beginning at 8AM for 1-2 hours.
· Have completed 1 year of college
· Be currently enrolled at Kansas State University
· Maintained a 2.5 GPA
· Strong interpersonal skills
· Ability to work comfortably with students and staff from diverse backgrounds
· Must be highly self-motivated and have an attention to detail and accuracy
· Knowledgeable about the need for confidentiality regarding student records
· Priority will be given to ESS participants.
How to Apply - Apply thru the Career Center's Handshake App - https://www.k-state.edu/careercenter/handshake/ For questions, please call the ESS Office at 785-532-5642.