Student Services Coordinator - Screening begins 3/26/18
- The Student Services Coordinator provides academic, personal, social, financial and career guidance and problem-solving assistance/guidance to Educational Supportive Services (ESS) students. Monitors the academic progress of ESS students. Coordinates weekly and bi-weekly academic troubleshooting for students struggling with motivation and/or meeting the on-going demand of college life.
- Develops an Educational Development Plan for each assigned ESS student within 10 days of their admittance to the Program and review with each student at mid-semester. Advises and assists ESS students with academic support services as needed.
- Works with Educational Support Services (ESS) staff in screening potential program participants to determine eligibility, utilizing the KSIS database. Promotes the ESS Program to campus organizations and at campus events. Works with other ESS staff to identify potential new ESS students during the new student orientation and enrollment in June.
- Coordinates the ESS Academic Intervention Program each semester to include identifying, notifying, meeting with, and monitoring ESS-eligible students who are on academic warning.
- The Student Services Coordinator teaches Academic Enrichment or Study Skills classes/workshops for ESS students who demonstrate a need in this area. Provides assistance to students in preparing for the GRE and applying to grad school.
For complete job information and how to apply click on the following link: http://careers.k-state.edu/cw/en-us/job/503355/student-services-coordinator-educational-supportive-services
Educational Supportive Services hires peer tutors to provides individualized tutorial assistance to students that can help them develop the academic and study skills necessary for success in the college classroom. We offer tutorial services for courses at all undergraduate levels.
Academic peer tutors work with students on a one-on-one or small group basis. The main expectation is to support or supplement regular classroom instruction. Peer tutors report to the ESS Academic Services Coordinator.
We are currently hiring tutors for the following subjects:
- Accounting (All Levels)
- Biology (All Levels)
- Economics (All Levels)
- Geography (All Levels)
- Geology (All Levels)
- History (All Levels)
- Statistics (All Levels)
- Math (All Levels)
- Chemistry (All Levels)
- Physics (All Levels)
- Foreign Languages (All Levels)
- Sociology (All Levels)