1. K-State home
  2. »English
  3. »Programs
  4. »Graduate Studies
  5. »Professional Development

Department of English

Graduate Coursework for Teachers and Professionals

Are you seeking graduate-level professional development?

We invite K-12 teachers and other professionals to enroll for individual graduate-level courses, a graduate certificate, or the M.A. degree while holding full-time employment.

Graduate students in class

Our program works particularly well for high school teachers who would like to earn either an M.A. degree or graduate credits for professional development. (Download a flyer for yourself or others.)

We also have some scholarship monies available for applicants who hold teaching certification in the State of Kansas.

We regularly offer classes in the late afternoon and evening and online during the fall and spring. In the summer, the Department of English also typically offers two six-week graduate courses, which are especially attractive to high school teachers.

We're also often able to waive the GRE requirement for high school teachers and other professionals.

Learn more about the M.A. degree program, the application process, and our graduate students, and read about one of our graduate students who teaches high school while completing her degree.


If you have any questions about the program or the application process, please check out our Frequently Asked Questions or contact the Director of Graduate Studies:

Director of Graduate Studies
Department of English
108 English/Counseling Services Building
Kansas State University
Manhattan, KS 66506-6501
Office Telephone: (785) 532-6716
FAX: (785) 532-2192
Email: gradeng@ksu.edu