Hiring and retaining more faculty and staff of color
In order to meet and/or exceed relevant local, state and national labor market demographics, this initiative works to increase the hiring and retention efforts for faculty and staff of color.
Status: In Progress
In efforts to create a University-wide Diversity and Inclusion Plan, the President's Commission on Multicultural Affairs (PCMA) Workforce Diversity and Inclusion Theme Team has analyzed and reviewed workforce data and retention trends and as identified appropriate aims and actions to advance those aims relative to Workforce Diversity.
Human Capital Services (HCS) under the direction of the Executive Recruitment Manager is researching applicant trend data to identify and understand recruiting trends regard underutilized and underrepresented applicants (i.e. racial/ethnic minorities, women, veterans, individuals w/ disabilities.)
Benchmarking and Metrics
Metrics and institutional benchmarks are currently being identified and gathered by the action team.
Accountable Administrators and Action Team
This initiative is led by a core leadership team that will expand to include subcommittees while stakeholder feedback is being gathered and concerns are being documented. The lead administrator identified below will be responsible for initiating and reporting on the progress of the initiative overall.
Core leadership team
- Bryan Samuel, Chief Diversity and Inclusion Officer, lead administrator
- Peter Dorhout, Vice President for Research
- Charles Taber, Provost and Executive Vice President
- Jay Stephens, Vice President for Human Capital Services
- Bonnie Rush, Dean, College of Veterinary Medicine
- Lindsey Fouquette, Executive Recruitment Manager, Human Capital Services
- Kellie Wilson, Sr. Strategic Partner, Human Capital Services
- Cleopatra Magwaro, Deputy Equal Employment Coordinator and Senior Investigator, Office of Institutional Equity
- Harlan Weaver, Assistant Professor, Gender, Women, and Sexuality Studies Department
- Olivia Law-Delrosso, Instructor, Department of Management
- Raymond Thomas, Graduate Student, Agricultural Economics
- Roxann Blasi, Procurement Officer I, Veterinary Health Center
- Trumanue Lindsay, Director of Diversity and Multicultural Student Life, Diversity and Multicultural Student Affairs