Need Help Now
- If you have immediate concerns about the safety of a student, please call 911.
- Crisis services are available M-F 8:00 am to 5:00 pm. 1105 Sunset Ave., Room 101 (Lower level of Lafene Health Center Building)
- For After-hours crisis services, all 785-532-6927 to speak with a mental health professional
- Text START to 741-741 (National Crisis Text Line)
SUICIDE PREVENTION - Confidential support
- Suicide & Crisis Lifeline Call 988 to call, text, or chat 24/7
- Text START to 741-741 (SAM Foundation)
- 911 and ask for help
- Go to the local Emergency Room (Ascension Via Christi Hospital is located at 1823 College Avenue, Manhattan, KS).
BIPOC Community Members
Armed Service Members
Deaf, Hard of Hearing, or Hearing Impaired
- Suicide Prevention Lifeline
- K-State Center for Advocacy, Response, and Education Office
- RAINN Rape, Abuse, & Incest National Network 24/7 help
- Call 1-800-656-4673
- RAINN Live Chat (online chat)
- 1 in 6 - National support for men who have been sexually abused or assaulted
- 1 in 6 Live Chat (online chat)
- Want information to help a friend who was sexually assaulted?
Concerned about a K-Stater?
If you have have immediate concerns about the safety of a student, call 911!
If you're not sure what to do, consider calling one of these numbers to get some advice from a mental health professional
- K-State CAPS - 785-532-6927
- National Suicide Lifeline - 1-800-273-8255
- OR Text START to 741-741
Sometimes, it's a good idea to both call and fill out the form.
MySSP Student Support Program
My Student Support Program (My SSP) is a third-party partner that provides:
- 24/7 access to support via chat and phone through the app
- Short-term counseling support via phone and video to students around the country and the world
- Linkage for ongoing treatment with providers around the country and the world.