1. K-State home
  2. »CAPS
  3. »Need Help Now

Counseling and Psychological Services

Lafene CAPS Logo

Kansas State University
Counseling and Psychological Services
1105 Sunset Ave, Rm 101
Manhattan, KS 66502

Monday - Friday: 
8 am - 5 pm

866-793-8010 (fax)

Parking Information

Need Help Now

  • If you’re thinking about suicide, are worried about a friend or loved one, or would like emotional support, call 988. (National Suicide & Crisis Lifeline)
  • If you or another student is having a life-threatening emergency, call 911
  • Crisis services are available M-F 8 am to 5 pm. 1105 Sunset Ave., Room 101 (Lower level of Lafene Health Center Building)
  • For After-hours crisis services, call 785-532-6927 to speak with a mental health professional
  • Text START to 741-741 (National Crisis Text Line)

TELUS Health Student Support: App-Based Chat/Telehealth Student Support Program

TELUS Health Student Support Program (formerly My SSP) is a third-party partner that provides:

  • 24/7 access to support via chat and phone through the app
  • Short-term counseling support via phone and video to students around the country and the world
  • Linkage for ongoing treatment with providers around the country and the world.
Find more information at our website.


SUICIDE PREVENTION - Confidential support

  • Suicide & Crisis Lifeline Call 988 to call, text, or chat 24/7
  • Text START to 741-741 (SAM Foundation)
  • 911 and ask for help
  • Go to the local Emergency Room (Ascension Via Christi Hospital is located at 1823 College Avenue, Manhattan, KS).
LGBTQ folx
BIPOC Community Members
Armed Service Members
Deaf, Hard of Hearing, or Hearing Impaired


Sexual Assault


Concerned about a K-Stater?

If you have have immediate concerns about the safety of a student, call 911!

If you're not sure what to do, consider calling one of these numbers to get some advice from a mental health professional

  • K-State CAPS - 785-532-6927
  • National Suicide & Crisis Lifeline- call 988. Or go to www.988lifeline.org
  • OR Text START to 741-741

    You can also consider making an anonymous report with with Student Support and Accountability

    Sometimes, it's a good idea to both call and fill out the form.