Need Help Now
- If you have immediate concerns about the safety of a student, please call 911.
- Drop- in M-F 8 am – 5 p.m. 1105 Sunset Ave., Room 101 (Lower level of Lafene Health Center Building)
- When our office is closed, call 785-532-6927 to speak with a mental health professional
- Or Text START to 741-741 (National Crisis Text Line)
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1-800-273-TALK (1-800-273-8255)
- Text START to 741-741 (National crisis text line)
- 911 and ask for help
- Go to the local Emergency Room (Ascension Via Christi Hospital is located at 1823 College Avenue, Manhattan, KS).
- The Trevor Lifeline (Suicide Prevention for LGBTQYouth) 866-4-U-TREVOR (1-866-488-7386)
- Trans Lifeline (877-565-8860)
- People of Color
- Text STEVE to 741741 (Crisis support for young people of color)
- Military Veterans Suicide Hotline: 1-800-273-TALK (8255; Press 1)
- Veterans Crisis Text: send a text message to 838255
- Deaf, hard of hearing (both civilians and Vets) 1-800-799-4889
National Sexual Assault Hotline; 1-800-656-HOPE (1-800-656-4673)
K-State CARE Office (785) 532-6444.
For more information, see CARE’s website
Concerned about a K-State Student
If you have immediate concerns about the safety of a student, please call 911.
If you are not sure what to do, please call and get advice from a mental health professional:
- K-State Counseling Services 785-532-6927
- National Suicide Prevention Line 1-800-273-8255
- National Crisis Text Line Text START to 741-741