September 8, 2022
All of our Occupational Health and Safety Program forms, and schematics, have been updated. Please make sure you are accessing the newly updated forms from our website for use.
Last Week for PDF IACUC Applications
August 13, 2021 will be the last day that pdf versions of IACUC applications will be accepted. After that date, all new protocol applications will need to be done through IRBManager. More information on IRBManager can be found here.
June 23, 2021
New system for submitting IACUC Applications
Beginning July 13th, our office will be updating the application and submission process for animal care and use protocols. Information on how to submit new IACUC protocols can be found here.
March 18, 2021
The IACUC has updated the information provided for the “Non-Duplication Explanation for Teaching Projects.” Please review on our website.
February 2, 2021
The Guide for the Care and Use of Agricultural Animals in Research and Teaching, also known as the Ag Guide, has been updated and the new version was released at the end of 2020. This new fourth edition replaces the 2010 third edition. We have updated the link on our website under Resources – Regulatory Resources.
January 19, 2021
A new question has been added to the IACUC application form. The most current version is 01/19/2021. The new question has been added to section VIII.3:
- Transgenic Animals (Are you using, creating, or breeding transgenic animals?) If yes, please consult with the IBC Program Manager, Greg Peterson (785-32-3243 and/or firstname.lastname@example.org), about whether an IBC is required.
November 19, 2020
Three new IACUC guidelines have been developed in response to the recommended suggestions received from our triennial AAALAC site visit. Those three guidelines are: #24 Cleaning/Sanitizing Animal Equipment Located in Investigator Laboratories, #25 Labeling and Shelf life of Sterile Fluids After Opening, and #26 Sterile Surgery/Instrument Pack Labeling/Dating, Storage, & Shelf-life.
August 17, 2020
The IACUC application form has been updated, the most current version is 08/17/2020. Updates include:
- The literature search database CAB is now CAB Direct (1920/present).
- The Drug/Compound columns have been updated to indicate to include the concentration of the items listed.
February 24, 2020
The IACUC application form has been updated, the most current version is 02/24/2020. Updates include:
- The instruction page indicates checking the web page for any new or updated information.
- Hyperlinks have been updated throughout.
- Section V.B. is a new section in regards to photos, videos and/or audio recordings.
- Section VII. The wording has been updated to accurately reflect that the training and experience with the species and procedures listed in the protocol should be listed.
- Section XI. Kris Richardson is the new Clinical Trials Coordinator, thus her information has replaced Misty Bear’s.
February 12, 2020
- The IACUC has been reviewing, and updating if necessary, the guidelines. One new guideline has been added, guideline #6 “Photos and Videos in Research Environments.” Please take time to review the new guideline, and any of the others that specifically apply to your research.
- The AVMA has updated their guidelines for the euthanasia of animals. The new 2020 version is now available.
- The IACUC has established a new policy for new protocol submissions. Once a PI has been sent their “modifications needed to secure approval” email they will have 90 days to address the stipulations and return a revised form. If the PI does not return a revised form within 90 days of the day the email was sent then the protocol will be cancelled/voided and the PI would be required to update the protocol (literature searches, AV consult, etc.) and submit as a new protocol submission which would start the review process over.