August 17, 2020
The IACUC application form has been updated, the most current version is 08/17/2020. Updates include:
- The literature search database CAB is now CAB Direct (1920/present).
- The Drug/Compound columns have been updated to indicate to include the concentration of the items listed.
February 24, 2020
The IACUC application form has been updated, the most current version is 02/24/2020. Updates include:
- The instruction page indicates checking the web page for any new or updated information.
- Hyperlinks have been updated throughout.
- Section V.B. is a new section in regards to photos, videos and/or audio recordings.
- Section VII. The wording has been updated to accurately reflect that the training and experience with the species and procedures listed in the protocol should be listed.
- Section XI. Kris Richardson is the new Clinical Trials Coordinator, thus her information has replaced Misty Bear’s.
February 12, 2020
- The IACUC has been reviewing, and updating if necessary, the guidelines. One new guideline has been added, guideline #6 “Photos and Videos in Research Environments.” Please take time to review the new guideline, and any of the others that specifically apply to your research.
- The AVMA has updated their guidelines for the euthanasia of animals. The new 2020 version is now available.
- The IACUC has established a new policy for new protocol submissions. Once a PI has been sent their “modifications needed to secure approval” email they will have 90 days to address the stipulations and return a revised form. If the PI does not return a revised form within 90 days of the day the email was sent then the protocol will be cancelled/voided and the PI would be required to update the protocol (literature searches, AV consult, etc.) and submit as a new protocol submission which would start the review process over.