- K-State home
- Services in the Division of Communications and Marketing
- Units in the Division of Communications and Marketing
Learn more about the functions served within our service units by choosing from the options below.
Design Services is responsible for developing fresh, creative designs that adhere to Kansas State University's branding guidelines and support university projects, goals and needs. To request assistance with a design project, please contact your dedicated marketing services staff member.
Policies and costs
- Once we have a solid understanding of your goals associated with your design project, we will prepare an initial proof for your review. We will collaborate with you to work through any necessary changes to bring your project through to completion.
- Proofs one-three are free of charge to university entities.
- Any proofs requested beyond that will incur a $250 charge per proof.
- Please note that we ask for a minimum notice of ten business days on all design project requests, though some projects will require additional time to reach completion.
- If you have a deadline that is sooner than two weeks out, you'll be assessed a $250 rush charge for your project should you choose to move it forward.
Marketing Services staff serve as marketing counsel and project managers for Division services. Each university division/college/department/unit is assigned a dedicated point of contact in the Marketing Services unit who will:
- listen to your marketing needs
- brainstorm and collaborate with you on marketing solutions
- connect you to appropriate division staff and resources
- help you build marketing strategies that are both measurable and effective
- assist in building dynamic, effective marketing content
To request assistance with marketing strategies or Division projects, please contact your dedicated marketing staff member.
News and Communications Services staff members work daily with the campus community to publicize all aspects of the university through media outlets and the university's website, RSS feeds, social media and email lists. Our staff also work closely with the Office of the Vice President for Research on Seek, the university's flagship research magazine.
If you are after high-resolution, professional photography to support your marketing efforts, our photography staff can work with you to assist.
- Please submit your needs through our photography request form.
- Photo services are free to university entities, but requests are subject to vice president approval.
Video production services offers design, animation, in-studio and on-location standard and high-definition video production, audio, technical engineering, multimedia, satellite uplink and CD/DVD distribution.
If you are interested in a produced video that is part of your greater overall marketing strategy, our video production staff can work with you.
- Please submit your ideas through our produced video request form.
- All video requests are subject to vice president approval.
- Produced videos are free of charge until the project reaches $250 in out-of-pocket expenses; once that point is reached, all out-of-pocket expenses will be charged back.
- Estimates will be provided before any chargebacks occur.
- For event/lecture capture and streaming services reservations, please complete our online form or call 532-3141.
- We will work with you to determine the appropriate resources for your project and refer the project to the appropriate video production unit(s) for action.
Your website is an important tool in your marketing and communications efforts, and our staff can ensure your website is user-friendly and accessible for all of the audiences you serve.
- If you're looking to overhaul your website or create a new website, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and copy your dedicated marketing services staff member.
- All website requests are subject to vice president approval.
- If you need general assistance with the content management system, please review our library of CMS help documentation or contact email@example.com.