Dr. Ryszard Jankowiak
|University Distinguished Professor Chemistry & Physics (Ancillary)||Research Area|
|CBC 103||Research Specialities|
|785-532-6785 (office)|| |
|University Distinguished Professor |
Adjunct Professor of Chemistry, Iowa State University
Senior Scientist, Ames Laboratory USDOE, Iowa State University
Scientist, Ames Laboratory USDOE, Iowa State University
Associate Scientist, Ames Laboratory USDOE, Iowa State University
Postdoctoral Fellow, Ames Laboratory USDOE, Iowa State University (Mentor: Prof. Gerald J. Small)
Associate Professor at Philipps University, Marburg, Germany
Postdoctoral Fellow, Philipps University, Marburg, Germany (Mentor: Prof. H. Bässler)
Visiting Professor, Department of Physics, Camerino University, Camerino, Italy
Assistant Professor, Technical University, Institute of Physics, Gdañsk, Poland
Ph.D. in Condensed Matter Physics, Technical University of Gdańsk (Gdańsk, Poland)
M.S. in Physics, Adam Michiewicz University ( Poznan, Poland)
Energy and electron transfer in natural and artificial photosynthetic complexes at low temperatures and high pressures; hole-burning spectroscopy and structural disorder in glasses, polymers, and proteins; photovoltaic devices; single photosynthetic complex spectroscopy; chemical carcinogenesis; carcinogen metabolism and DNA damage; monoclonal antibody-hapten interactions; and laser-based bioanalytical spectroscopies.
- Site-Energies of Active and Inactive Pheophytins in the Reaction Center of Photosystem II from Chlamydomonas reinhardtii K. Acharya, B. Neupane, R. Picorel, M. Seibert, and R. Jankowiak, J. Phys. Chem. B 2012, dx.doi.org/10.1021/jp3007624
- Electron Transfer in the Rhodobacter Sphaeroides Reaction Center Containing Zn-Bacteriochlorophylls (Zn-RC) and its β-Zn-RC Mutant: Hole Burning Study, B. Neupane, P. Jaschke, T. Beatty, and R. Jankowiak, J. Phys. Chem. B 2012, 116, 3457-3466.
- Effects of the Distributions of Energy Transfer Rates on Spectral Hole Burning in Pigment-Protein Complexes at Low Temperatures, N. Herascu, S. Ahmouda, R. Picorel, M. Seibert, R. Jankowiak and V. Zazubovich, J. Phys. Chem. B 2011, 115, 15098-15109.
- Spectroscopic Study of CP43 Complex and PSI-CP43 Supercomplex of the Cyanobacterium Synechocystis PCC 6803, X. Feng, B. Neupane, K. Acharya, M. Rafael, V. Zazubovich, and R. Jankowiak,J. Phys. Chem. B 2011, 115, 13339-13349.
- Low Temperature Frequency Domain Study of Excitation Energy Transfer in Ethynyl-linked Chlorophyll-trefoils and Aggregates, B. Neupane, N. C. Dang, R. F. Kelley, M. R. Wasielewski, and R. Jankowiak, J. Phys. Chem. B 2011, 115, 10391-10399.