Professor Christer B. Aakeröy
- M.Sc. Uppsala University, Sweden, 1981-1985.
- D. Phil. Chemistry, University of Sussex, UK, 1986-1990, (with Prof. K.R. Seddon).
- University Distinguished Professor, 2012.
- Visiting Professor, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, India, 2011.
- Professor, Kansas State University, 2006-
- Associate Professor, Kansas State University, 2001-2005.
- Visiting Prof., Universite Louis Pasteur, Institute Le Bel, Strasbourg, France, 2000, 2006.
- Assistant Professor, Inorganic and Supramolecular Chemistry, Kansas State University, 1996-2000.
- Lecturer in Inorganic Chemistry, The Queen's University of Belfast, 1993-1996.
- Research Associate, University of Minnesota, 1992, (with Prof. Etter).
- Post-doctoral Fellow, University of Sussex, UK, 1990-1991 (with Prof. Seddon).
- 2016 Higuchi Award (Olin Petefish Award in Basic Sciences)
- 2016 British Crystallographic Association Prize Lecture
- 2011 Presidential Award for Outstanding Undergraduate Teaching.
- 2006 Making a Difference Award from the “Women in Engineering and Science Program” at KSU.
- 2003 Segebrecht Distinguished Faculty Achievement Award.
International Scientific Appointments
- 2010 Associate Editor for CrystEngComm (Published by the Royal Society of Chemistry).
- 2002 Topics Editor for Crystal Growth and Design (Published by the American Chemical Society).
- 2004 Member of the Editorial Board of Journal of of Chemical Crystallography (Published by Springer).
- 2009 Member of the Board of Trustees for the Cambridge Crystallographic Data Centre since 2009 (Chair since 2013).