The Instrumentation Facility in the Chemistry/Biochemistry Building provides researchers with analytical instrumentation in the areas of Nuclear Magnetic Resonance, Liquid Chromatography, Mass Spectrometry, Infrared Spectroscopy and X-Ray.
Services include training, and assistance in experimental planning and data analysis for students (graduate and undergraduate) and visiting researchers.
The Biotechnology Core Facility at Kansas State University was established in 1993 to provide a number of centralized services to plant and animal researchers at K-State and elsewhere. The goods and services provided by the facility give researchers the tools they need to identify new proteins, protein modifications, protein-protein interactions and enzyme substrates. Services include:
- DNA/RNA Oligonucleotide Synthesis
- Peptide/Protein Synthesis
- Peptide/Protein Sequencing
- Mass Spectrometry
- Surface Plasmon Resonance
An Atomic, Molecular & Optical Physics Research Facility, one of the largest in the country and ranked among the elite programs in atomic physics, funded by the US Department of Energy and the National Science Foundation.
EDL was created to support research and development programs within the Kansas Regents University System and for industry customers.EDL provides expertise in:
- Low noise high performance analog systems.
- Computer aided design and simulation.
- Full electronics prototyping and packaging.
- In-House multi layer printed wiring board (PWB) design and layout.
- Programmable logic device (PLD) and Embedded System design.
- Network, spectrum, and impedance analysis to 1.8 GHz.
- Arbitrary waveform generators for complex system testing.
Completed in 1988 at a cost of $10,955,000,the Chemistry / Biochemistry Building houses research laboratories, faculty offices, as well as some teaching laboratories.
Built in 1966 at a cost of $1,266,720 King Hall houses the majority of the undergraduate teaching laboratories, faculty offices, as well as some research laboratories.
Built in 1939 at a cost of $435,000 and extensively remodelled in 1965, Willard Hall houses the departmental offices, accounting office, faculty room, as well as some research laboratories.
The Chemistry departments occupies rooms in the basement and on the first floor.