Cats' Cupboard accepts volunteer applications on an ongoing basis. Volunteers provide unpaid assistance for one or two hours at a weekly assigned time during the pantry's hours of operation. Volunteers complete various duties, including
- Providing directions and assistance
- Providing the public with information about Cats' Cupboard
- Processing and shelving in-kind donations
- Assisting with various other special donation drive, fundraising, and marketing projects
- Maintaining a safe, clean, pleasant physical environment
Volunteers will be expected to demonstrate good judgment and discretion and will be required complete training related to volunteer service, confidentiality, and FERPA privacy standards
- Desire to serve the K-State Campus students, staff, and faculty by helping alleviate food insecurity on our campus
- Dependability in regards to volunteer service and scheduling with an ability to set and maintain own schedule
- Computer literacy including Microsoft Excel
- Excellent customer service skills
- Experience working with diverse populations and a commitment to the K-State Principles of Community
- Pledge to confidentiality and dignity for all food pantry visitors
- Ability to juggle multiple projects with attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work independently and cooperatively with other staff and volunteers
Education: Any field
Time frame: Must commit to at least one semester.
Hours: 1-3 hours per week. The schedule is filled at the beginning of each semester. However, since we keep resumes on file and use those to fill vacancies in future semesters, students are welcome to submit an application at any time. Please note, this is an unpaid volunteer position, however, position can be used to satisfy internship and/or service hour requirements.
Application: Send resume, 1-2 paragraph cover letter outlining what you hope to gain from this volunteer experience, and semester availability to Erin Bishop at firstname.lastname@example.org.