We are always looking for groups and individuals willing to host and promote a donation drive. Donation drives are great ways to bring resources together to make a larger impact. To learn more, please read our Host a Donation Drive page.
Short-Term Volunteer Opportunities
We are currently full of Short-Term Volunteers with the exception of special projects! We often have in-house projects for individuals or small groups (five or less). Please complete this survey before scheduling your volunteer time. Once you have completed the survey a Cats' Cupboard representative will contact you.
Front Desk Representative
Cats' Cupboard is looking for volunteers for Front Desk Representatives for the Fall 2019 Semester. The volunteers in this role will be responsible for various duties including:
- Assisting with greeting and signing in visitors, providing directions, assistance, and answering questions about the services provided
- Answering the phone and transferring calls
- Providing the public with information about Cats' Cupboard
- Emailing upcoming volunteers about their scheduled time
- Maintaining daily operation logs
- Assisting with various other special donation drive, fundraising, and marketing projects
- Playing an integral part in managing Cats' Cupboard services and the branding of these expanded services
- Volunteers in this position will be expected to demonstrate good judgment and discretion, and will be required complete training related to volunteer service, confidentiality, and FERPA privacy standards
- Desire to serve the K-State Campus students, staff, and faculty by helping alleviate food insecurity on our campus
- Dependability in regards to volunteer service and scheduling with an ability to set and maintain own schedule
- Computer literate including Microsoft Excel
- Excellent customer service skills
- Experience working with diverse populations and a commitment to the K-State Principles of Community
- Pledge to confidentiality and dignity for all food pantry visitors
- Ability to juggle multiple projects with attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work independently and cooperatively with other staff and volunteers
Education: Any field
Time frame: Must commit to at least one semester.
Hours: 1-3 hours per week. Must be available for at least two-hour increments: Flexible scheduling – please note, this is an unpaid volunteer position, however, position can be used to satisfy internship and/or service hour requirements.
Location: 009 Fairchild Hall
Application: Send resume, 1-2 paragraph cover letter outlining what you hope to gain from this volunteer experience, and semester availability to Erin Bishop at firstname.lastname@example.org.