Job Sites by Career Field: Health, Law, Non-Profit, Politics & Social Sciences
Career Resources for Related Majors
- American Ethnic Studies - Explore a variety of career options including research, nonprofit and museum work, business, and law.
- Anthropology - Careers include socio-cultural anthropology, archaeology, linguistics, or biological-physical anthropology.
- Communication Studies - Explore a variety of options including business, PR, media, non-profit, government, and higher ed work.
- Criminology - Explore career options in law enforcement, social services, criminal justice, forensic science, and research.
- Economics - Connection to production, consumption, distribution of goods and services.
- Gender, Women, and Sexuality Studies - Utilize skills gained from examining cultural myths and assumptions.
- Geography -Occupations to consider for geography majors with background in earth sciences, economics, cultures, politics, and historical development.
- History - Consider opportunities related to research, analyzing or interpreting the past.
- Interdisciplinary Studies: Social Science - see American Ethnic Studies, Anthropology, Economics, Geography, History, Political Science, Psychology, Sociology, & Gender, Women, & Sexuality Studies
- Kinesiology - Careers encompassing knowledge of movement and human performance for health and wellness.
- Political Science - Jobs could include conducting public opinion survey, analyzing election results or public documents, and interviewing public officials.
- Psychology - Careers in education, business, law and health such as market research, labor relations, or management and productivity improvement.
- Social Work - Typically utilized in child welfare/ family services' settings giving mental, medical, educational, correctional, and gerontology services.
- Sociology - Utilize this study of human groups and organizations toward potential career pursuits.
- Statistics - Explore career options in science, medicine, technology, business, and social sciences.
Resources for students with specific interests
- All Access - Comprehensive online collection of dietetic internship resources with platform where dietetic students and interns can share their experiences with others.
- Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics - Professional organization for public, ADA members, students and health professions. For students section includes Career Toolbox link.
- American Speech-Language-Hearing Association - Professional association for audiologists, speech-language pathologists, etc. See Career Center for job opportunities.
- Careers in Pharmaceutical - Job site for Pharmaceutical, medical device and biotech companies and recruiters.
- Dietitian Central - Online professional community open to dietitians and nutrition professionals, other health care professionals, and general public.
- Health Career Web - Search for allied health, nursing, physician, surgeon, or other jobs in the medical field within various hospital or clinical settings.
- Kansas Speech Language Hearing Association - Regional professional organization with job postings.
- National Association of Children's Hospitals & Related Institutions - Organizations of children's hospitals, large pediatric units of medical centers and related health systems.
- Nutrition Jobs - Review dietitian job listings by category, location, keyword or ZIP Code proximity.
- Public Health Resources on the Internet - Maintained by University of California-Berkeley. Good source of information with links to associations.
- Speech Pathology.com - Online Career Center for Speech Pathoology/ Therapy jobs.
- Virtual Library Pharmacy - Pharmacy related internet resources including a list of job opportunities including medicine, health and biosciences.
- Wellness Connection - Jobs in fitness, health promotion, management, instructor. Review the Jobs and Internships tabs at the bottom of the page.
- Law Enforcement Jobs.com - Contains job listings as well as links to law enforcement agencies and organizations.
- US Department of Justice - The DOJ recruits for all of their divisions (including DEA, INS, Office of Inspector General, US Marshal Service, Bureau of Prisons and more).
- AmeriCorps - Participate with local and national organizations/ agencies committed to addressing community needs in education, public safety, health and the environment.
- Common Good Careers - Site supports hiring needs of the nation’s leading nonprofits and social innovators.
- GuideStar - Searchable database of more than 640,000 nonprofit organizations in the United States.
- Idealist.org - Online news feed of jobs and internships. Includes directory for 9,000 non-profit web sites.
- NonProfit Career Network - Resource for individuals seeking job opportunities in nonprofit organization or people who want to volunteer.
- Nonprofit Connect - Kansas City local organization that offers resources for those seeking a rewarding career in the nonprofit sector. Click on Careers tab.
- Nonprofit Leadership Alliance - National organization equipping students to become skilled professionals and leaders in America's nonprofit organizations.
- OpportunityKnocks.org - Search for "jobs that change the world" by city, state, organization or position.
- United Way Directory - Find a United Way in your area, look for member agencies.
- The NonProfit Times - Online resource for nonprofit professional looking for employment.
- Teach for America - Organization recruiting recent college graduates from all backgrounds to teach for two years in urban and rural public schools.
Political/ Legal or Government
- Grassroots Campaigns Inc. (GCI) - Independent organization that does strategic consulting, fundraising, and field organizing to build support for groups, issues, and campaigns. Recuits at K-State.
- Project Vote Smart - National Internship Program provides opportunity to study American politics for 10 weeks with other students from across the country in the Montana Rockies.
- The Washington Center for Internships & Academic Seminars - Independent, nonprofit organization providing opportunities for students to work and learn in Washington, D.C. for academic credit.
- U.S. State Department - Listing of student internships and fellowships at the U.S. Department of State.
- USA Jobs - Listing of jobs throughout the United Stateswith numerous federal government agencies.
- US PIRG (PUBLIC INTEREST RESEARCH GROUPS) - Takes on public interests issues on behalf of the American public. Recuits at K-State.