Majors, Minors and More
Looking for a major? Minor? Secondary major?
Attend Majors, Minors and More!
A one-day event for anyone interested in learning more about K-State academic majors, minors and secondary majors.
Wednesday, Oct. 16, 2019, from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Grand Ballroom, second floor of the K-State Student Union
Remember to bring
- K-State student ID (but if you forget your ID, you can still attend!)
- Questions about K-State majors
Prepare for the Fair
Plan ahead to make the most of your day at the fair!
Get the most from the event
Ask good questions
- What are the required courses for this major, minor, secondary major?
- What are the classes like?
- What electives are available?
- Do you require a minimum GPA to get into the major?
- Are there departmental/professional affiliations I should join once I choose a program?
- What jobs do K-State graduates obtain with this degree?
- Will a bachelor's degree in this major prepare me for a job in this field, or will I more than likely need to pursue graduate work?
- What are some advantages of having a dual major, minor or secondary major?
- Make sure to sign up at the fair for your chance to win awesome door prizes!
Follow up after the fair
- Continue to learn more about the majors, minors and secondary majors by making an appointment to talk to an academic advisor.
- Contact the Career Center to learn more about how your interests, abilities and values connect to your decision about a major or career, or to learn more about how part-time jobs, internships and experiential learning opportunities can help you solidify your long-term career goals.
- Attend K-State Open House where academic programs are showcased to the Kansas community.
Majors, Minors & More Committee
Tami Duch, College of Arts and Sciences
Brooks Hetle, Housing and Dining Services
Risa Brungardt, College of Business
Twambi Kerstetter, College of Arts & Sciences
MaryAnne Andrews, College of Health and Human Sciences
Jared Meitler, Career Center
Mechelle Martinez, College of Education
Angelia Perry, College of Arts and Sciences
Danna Voegeli, College of Architecture, Planning, and Design