Conduct Information Sessions
An Information Session provides you with an opportunity to promote awareness and build excitement about your organization. Many companies use this time to preview their organization using videos, presentations, web pages and/or question and answer sessions, to reduce the amount of time spent profiling their organization in an interview. Information Sessions may be held the evening before your on-campus interviews or scheduled another time of the school year to enhance your brand recognition among students.
The Berney Family Welcome Center offers many options for hosting receptions, information sessions or events for students to learn about your company and meet your representatives. Review your options and book a space online today.
- If you are a Career Center Corporate Partner, please contact Kerri Day Keller, Director of the Career Center, to discuss usage of the Berney Family Welcome Center rooms at 785-532-1691 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The K-State Student Union is the most commonly used facility for Information Sessions. The Union has a variety of rooms available to include meeting rooms, auditoriums, dining rooms, a ballroom, courtyard and several lounges. Most rooms are equipped with a 10baseT Ethernet jack for computer connections. Audio/Visual equipment such as DVDs, TVs, LCD projectors, and white boards are also available.
Employers who have made on-campus recruiting arrangements through Career Center are eligible for the union's university room rate. Contact the on-campus interview coordinator at 785-532-1681 for more information.
- Post your information session via your Handshake account.
- Your event will be publicized to K-State students via our online system.
- Your information session will be visible to on-campus interview candidates when they login to their Handshake account.
- We encourage you to contact pre-selected on-campus interview candidates via email about your information session arrangements.
- You may also wish to publicize your visit to campus by advertising in K-State's student newspaper, Kansas State Collegian. You can contact the advertising department directly at 785-532-6560.
Please note that the Career Center supports and endorses the National Association of Colleges and Employers (NACE) professional conduct principles that states "serving alcohol should not be part of the recruitment process."