"Playing in the Cat Band has been an extremely rewarding experience. Not only do I get to "rock out" to some great tunes, but we have the opportunity to watch some of the best college basketball the NCAA has to offer."
The Cat Band is a group that plays during men's and women's basketball games, as well as other events in the community to energize the Wildcat Nation!!
The Cat Band is under the direction of Dr. Alex Wimmer.
2020-2021 Cat Band Auditions:
Basketball Season is just right around the corner and so are Cat Band Auditions! The Cat Band plays for all K-State Men's and Women's Home Basketball Games. It is a great experience and a very fun group to be a part of. With this year's projected basketball success there is also a very real possibility of NCAA Tournament Travel. We will also be playing tournaments in Kansas City (Women's/Men's Big 12 Tournament and other select games)!
Everyone must complete this Google Form before submitting a video audition.
Auditions will be 100% online via a video submission! Use this link to upload your video audition by 5:00pm on Monday, October 12!
2020-2021 Woodwind-Brass Audition Requirements:
State your name, your instrument/part auditioning on, and announce each piece of music you will perform. Please also title your video (lastname_firstname_instrument) and submit ONE video!
1. 2-Octave, Concert F or B-Flat Major Scale (slurred up, tongued down).
- You select the scale that best showcases your tone quality and range.
2. Wildcat Victory (please download and prepare your desired part memorized).
- You will be evaluated on: tone quality, range, rhythmic accuracy, note accuracy, style/articulation, and dynamics will be taken into consideration.
- This audition will determine what band you will be in (everyone will be assigned to a 30-person, tournament sized band).
2020 Drumset-Electric Bass Audition Requirements:
You will submit the following video recording (all on one video).
1. Prepare using the following recording: Wildcat Victory (Fight Song) - Soft and Strong Version
2. Prepare using the following recording: Wabash Cannonball
3. The Pretender (please prepare and perform your own drumset part):
2020 Cat Band Mini-Camp Dates (attendance is mandatory for all members):
Because of COVID-19 protocols, there will be ONE F2F mini-camp (groups of 50 or less on McCain Stage in the evenings) and two required Zoom Meetings:
|K-Band/Group A, SR||F2F in McCain Auditorium|
|S-Band/Group B, AR||F2F in McCain Auditorium|
|U-Band/Group C, SR||F2F in McCain Auditorium|
|WC-Band/New, AR||F2F in McCain Auditorium|
2020-2021 PDF Materials:
2021 Tournament Availability Google Form (Coming Soon!!!)