Step 1: Register for Virtual New Student Orientation
Domestic freshmen and transfer students
Virtual New Student Orientation is a required program that connects you with virtual academic advising, allows you to officially enroll in your classes and grants you access to a virtual orientation course that prepares you for all things K-State.
Click on the registration button below to choose your New Student Orientation date!
How virtual New Student Orientation works:
Register for virtual New Student Orientation.
Your first step to meeting your academic advisor and enrolling in classes begins by registering for your virtual New Student Orientation date.
- When you fill out the form linked above, you'll be able to select a specific date in June or August, as well as verify your information to ensure your enrollment process goes smoothly.
- The sooner you register, the more likely you are to get your orientation date of choice. And the earlier your orientation date falls on the calendar, the more likely you are to get your first choice of class schedule. Register early and choose your orientation date accordingly!
- Please note that there is a $50 registration fee that covers all program costs that you will be able to pay for during the registration process.
Check your K-State email account.
Once you are registered for your New Student Orientation date, this is the primary way we will reach you with orientation details and program access information.
- All Zoom links, except for the Virtual Welcome, will be sent to your K-State email account.
- The Zoom link to the Virtual Welcome will be sent to your personal email address the night before your scheduled orientation date.
- Your academic advisor — the person who will help you sign up for classes — will email you approximately four business days before your New Student Orientation date.
- You will work with your advisor to schedule a specific advising time for your orientation date.
Prepare for your virtual orientation experience.
The day of your New Student Orientation experience, you will be able to access the following:
- 8 a.m.-9 a.m. | Virtual Welcome session with the Office of Recruitment and Admissions
- You will be provided with a Zoom link (in your personal email account) to join a virtual welcome session that will help set the tone for your day.
- Advising appointment
- In your communications with your academic advisor, you will be sent a Zoom link to meet your advisor and sign up for classes at your individually scheduled time.
- New Student Orientation online course
- On the day of your orientation, you will be given access to an online course in K-State's learning management system, Canvas.
- You will have access to this course all summer long, but we highly encourage you to complete the first two modules as quickly as possible on your orientation date to maximize your New Student Orientation experience.
- We also encourage you to make the most of your orientation day and dive into as much content as possible. The course is designed to help get you ready for your time at K-State!
August In-Person Orientation
Once you've completed Virtual New Student Orientation, you're ready for our August In-Person Orientation experience. Registration is now open!
We're here to help
Contact us directly for support. Call 785-532-1521, email firstname.lastname@example.org or send us a chat!
Visit our FAQs for assistance navigating New Student Orientation and more.