Step 2: August In-Person Orientation
August in-person orientation
Once you've attended your Virtual New Student Orientation session, it will finally be time to set your sights on what it's going to be like to be on campus this fall. And we have you covered with an in-person orientation experience that is integrated into Your Wildcat Welcome, organized programming and events designed to help you gear up for your K-State experience!
August in-person orientation details
- When: Programming will take place Wednesday, August 18 through Sunday, August 22, 2021
- Where: View full event schedule in the Guidebook app for specific locations.
- All programming is free to new K-State students!
What you'll experience
Each day of in-person orientation will feature theme-based events and programming designed to help you get to know K-State's student services, traditions, resources and your fellow students. Some events will be required to ensure you maximize your K-State experience from the start. Other events will be optional based on your interests.
Utilize the Guidebook App to access the full schedule of events!
As mentioned above, August in-person orientation is part of K-State's Your Wildcat Welcome, nearly two weeks (August 15-27, 2021) of events and programming designed to help students get their semester off to the right start. Your Wildcat Welcome includes:
- Residence hall move-in:
- When: August 15-18, 2021
- What: If you're living in the residence halls, this is your opportunity to get settled in before in-person orientation begins. Watch for communications later this summer with instructions on when and how you'll move in!
- In-person orientation:
- When: August 18-22, 2021
- What: As described above, in-person orientation offers students a crash course in all things K-State.
- Week of Welcome:
- When: August 22-27, 2021 (fall semester classes start August 23, 2021!)
- What: This week is full of opportunities, events and resources to ensure your all-around success as a K-State student.