1. K-State home
  2. »OIP
  3. »Education Abroad
  4. »For Faculty and Advisors
  5. »Advise Study Abroad Students
  6. »Equivalencies
  7. »Modern Language Course Equivalencies

Education Abroad

Language Course Equivalencies

Students taking language courses abroad often cannot get these courses pre-approved the same way as non-language courses, because they often have to take a language placement test upon arrival at their host university abroad. Students must still complete the Academic Approval Form to be eligible for Federal Financial Aid, and to provide proof of their enrollment abroad.  Students simply check the corresponding box at the top of the form that says "Check if you are planning to take language classes abroad for Department of Modern Language credit (language equivalencies are determined upon return to K-State and do not need pre-approval)". 

Upon their return to K-State and after their transcript from abroad has been received, Education Abroad will forward the Academic Approval Form and transcript from abroad to the Department of Modern Languages. Modern Languagese will then determine the KSU equivalencies for these courses.