1. K-State home
  2. »OIP
  3. »Education Abroad
  4. »About Us
  5. »Emergency Contacts

Education Abroad

Emergency Contacts

In the event of an emergency or crisis situation abroad, the student should contact Kansas State University Education Abroad and the appropriate on-site authorities. 

In-country contacts

U.S. Embassies and Consulates: http://www.usembassy.gov/

  • From the U.S. & Canada 1-888-407-4747
  • From Overseas +1-202-501-4444

International "911" emergency numbers

Kansas State University Education Abroad

During regular business hours (Monday-Friday, 8:00am - 5:00pm CST)

1-785-532-5990 or email abroad@ksu.edu

During an emergency after hours you can use the emergency number provided to you during pre-departure orientation.


Chubb International Insurance

All Kansas State University students participating on an education abroad program are required to have international health insurance that offers Worldwide Travel Assistance.  

Many students who participate on Kansas State University Education Abroad programs will have international health insurance through Chubb Insurance. 

More information about the international health insurance and setting up a portal with Chubb Insurance can be reviewed here under the Consider Health and Safety section.



Calling Overseas

To call from the U.S. to another country (except Canada),  dial 011 – Country Code – area code – phone number.

To find any country code or area code and time zone, visit www.countrycallingcodes.com