The 2023 All-University Awards Ceremony
Thursday, May 11 | 3:30 p.m. | K-State Alumni Center Ballroom
President Richard Linton and Provost Charles Taber will host the All-University Awards Ceremony and reception which is open to the entire university community, as well as the families of the awardees. Refreshments will be served.
Big 12 Faculty Fellowships
Awarded to faculty members who have completed the Big 12 Faculty Fellowship program. The recipients traveled to member institutions to participate in cross mentoring among universities, developing working relationships and exchanging ideas with others.
- Amir Bahadori Associate Professor, Department of Mechanical and Nuclear Engineering
- Genevieve Baudoin Associate Professor, Department of Architecture
- Amanda Gaulke Assistant Professor, Department of Economics
- Tania Kim Assistant Professor, Department of Entomology
- Brian Lubbers Associate Professor, Department of Clinical Sciences
Coffman Chair for Distinguished Teaching Scholars
The Coffman Chair for Distinguished Teaching Scholars was created in 1995 to highlight Kansas State University’s commitment to excellence in undergraduate teaching and learning. A faculty member acknowledged as a leading teaching scholar is appointed to the chair for one academic year, but all who are selected retain the title of University Distinguished Teaching Scholar throughout their careers.
- Lisa Tantonetti Professor, Department of English
Commerce Bank and W.T. Kemper Foundation Distinguished Graduate Faculty Awards
Commerce Bank and W.T. Kemper Foundation Distinguished Graduate Faculty Award is an opportunity to showcase faculty members who excel in teaching, research and the mentoring of students. The Commerce Bancshares Foundation and the William T. Kemper Foundation support these awards to help the university honor its exceptional graduate faculty.
- Yoonseong Park Professor, Department of Entomology
- Hans Coetzee Professor and Head, Department of Anatomy and Physiology
Commerce Bank and W.T. Kemper Outstanding Undergraduate Teaching Awards
For more than two decades, Commerce Bank and the W. T. Kemper Foundation have partnered with Kansas State University to promote and support excellence in undergraduate teaching. These recipients are committed to having a positive effect on students.
- Kristin Anders Assistant Professor, Department of Applied Human Sciences
- Tonnie Martinez Assistant Professor, Department of Curriculum and Instruction
- Tom Sarmiento Associate Professor, Department of English
- Jonathan Ulmer Professor, Department of Communication and Ag Education
Commerce Bank Presidential Faculty/Staff Award for Distinguished Services to Historically Underrepresented Students
Commerce Bank Presidential Faculty and Staff Award for Distinguished Services to Historically Underrepresented Students was established in 1978 to recognize outstanding individual contributions to the development of minority students and quality minority education at Kansas State University.
- Brenée King Director, Academic Student Services
Commerce Bank Presidential Student Award for Distinguished Services in Enhancing Multiculturalism
Commerce Bank Presidential Student Awards for Distinguished Services in Enhancing Multiculturalism was established in spring 1997 to recognize outstanding individual contributions to diversity enhancement within the student sector.
- Christopher Burrell Senior, Department of Mechanical Engineering
- Lonnie Hobbs, Jr. Doctoral Student, Department of Agricultural Economics
Dr. Susan Ariola Bosco Putting Students First Faculty/Staff Awards
These awards are presented each year by the Office of Student Life to one faculty member and one staff member who go above and beyond to show commitment to helping students succeed.
- Gregory Newmark Research Associate Professor, Civil Engineering
- Shelly Williams Morrison Family Director of Cats’ Cupboard
International Educator of the Year
The International Educator of the Year award, established in 2003, recognizes an individual who has contributed to advancing international education at the university.
- Anna Marie Wytko Professor, School of Music, Theatre, and Dance
Kansas State University Excellence in Engagement Award
Established in 2011 by the Office of Provost, the Kansas State University Excellence in Engagement awards are given to highlight excellence in engaged scholarship (via research, teaching, and/or outreach). These awards recognize initiatives that demonstrate innovative and/or sustained efforts in university/community engagement positively impacting both university and community partners.
- Pam Paulson Extension Horticulture Agent, K-State Research and Extension
President's Awards of Excellence for Unclassified Professionals
K-State's unclassified staff members are an integral part of moving the university forward. The President's Award of Excellence for Unclassified Professionals rewards and recognizes those staff members who achieve excellence and make exemplary contributions to the mission and values of K-State through service as team players, exceptional productivity, creativity, leadership and more.
• Scott Schlender Academic Services Coordinator, Graduate School
Distinguished Accomplishment category
• Sue Metzger Associate Director, College of Agriculture and K-State Research and Extension
• Joe Horan Graduate Admissions Coordinator, Graduate School
Productivity, Creativity or Innovation category
• Jim Hodgson Senior Glassblower, Department of Chemistry
Team Building, Group Activity, and Service to the University category
• Amy Brusk Lead Grant Specialist, Office of the Dean, College of Veterinary Medicine
Presidential Awards for Excellence in Undergraduate Teaching
The Presidential Awards for Excellence in Undergraduate Teaching recognize compassion, dedication and creativity to undergraduate teaching. The Office of the President and the Curtin Property Company sponsor three awards for faculty and one award for a graduate teaching assistant.
Graduate Teaching Assistant Award
• Lonnie Hobbs, Jr. Doctoral Student, Department of Agricultural Economics
• Colby Moorberg Associate Professor, Department of Agronomy
Presidential Award for Outstanding Department Head
The Presidential Award for Outstanding Department Head is presented each year to a department head who is proactive, positive, fair and equitable, and who cooperates with units across the university. The award is sponsored by the Office of the President and Curtin Property Company.
• Nathan Howe head of the Department of Interior Architecture and Industrial Design
University Award for Distinguished Undergraduate Student in Research
The University Award for Distinguished Undergraduate Student in Research was originally established by the Developing Scholars Program to recognize outstanding individual contributions in research for the purpose of discovery and creation of new knowledge at Kansas State University. The award is for an undergraduate student who has demonstrated excellence in research in any field.
- Kevin Duong Senior in Computer Science
University Distinguished Faculty Award for Mentoring of Undergraduate Students in Research
In Kansas State University's mission to become a Top 50 public research university by 2025, few things are more vital than teaching students the importance of research to advance our world. The University Distinguished Faculty Award for Mentoring of Undergraduate Students in Research recognizes a faculty member who has contributed to the development of undergraduates in research in the previous year.
- Cassandra Jones Professor, Department of Animal Sciences and Industry
University Outstanding Department or Unit Award for Enhancing Diversity
Established in 2003, the University Outstanding Department or Unit Award for Enhancing Diversity recognizes the exceptional efforts undertaken by a unit or department to enhance diversity at Kansas State University.
- Carl R. Ice College of Engineering Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging
University Support Staff Awards of Excellence
This award was established to recognize exemplary performance and contributions of university support staff members who consistently excel in their positions and demonstrate integrity and a strong commitment to the mission and values of K-State. Award criteria include outstanding achievement and performance; inspirations of excellence in others; and initiative and creativity.
• Mary Oborny Office Specialist IV, Department of Kinesiology
Office and Clerical category
• Arlene Jacobson Accountant I, Department of Biological and Agricultural Engineering
Service and Maintenance/Skilled Crafts category
• Deborah Erickson Custodial Specialist, Division of Facilities
Technical and Professional category
• Andy Thurlow Machinist, Department of Physics