Your decision to enroll at Kansas State University marks a turning point in your life. Whether you are a recent high school graduate or a nontraditional student, this time is filled with anxiety and excitement because you are taking an important step toward your future success. The University Experience course will help you find your way and give you the chance to:
- Discuss common problems and concerns with other freshmen.
- Find effective ways to make the transition from high school to college.
- Discover how to gain the most from co-curricular activities.
- Learn about K-State policies, procedures, and services.
- Practice skills required for academic success such as time management and critical thinking.
- Explore interests, academic strengths, values, and career goals.
- Be exposed to diverse insights, strategies, and techniques that are essential to success in a multicultural world.
University Experience is a graded, elective course that may be taken for 2 or 3 credits. The 3-credit version involves two additional hours of lab each week where the academic skills learned are practiced in social science, science and/or math courses. Contact us or ask your advisor for additional information.