Meet with a coach
Any student can meet with a coach at the Academic Coaching Learning Lab! The Learning Lab offers free and on demand Academic Coaching. When you visit the Learning Lab you can expect to meet 1-1 with a coach where you will create a personalized plan that will help you reach your goals.
Common reasons for visiting the Learning Lab are to:
- Plan for current challenges you are facing
- Improve time management strategies
- Enhance note taking and critical thinking
- Create an efficient study plan
Hours and Locations
The AAC Learning Lab is open for drop-in or scheduled appointments that can be virtual or in-person.
Drop-ins are welcomed during our open hours which are listed below.
|Monday||8:30am - 11:30 am||1:30 pm - 3:30 pm|
|Tuesday||11:00 am - 2:00 pm|
|Wednesday||1:30 pm - 4:30 pm|
|Thursday||8:30 am - 11:00 am||4:00 pm - 5:00 pm|
|Friday||8:30 am - 2:30 pm|
Appointment availability can be found on Navigate.
Academic Coaching starts the second week of courses, ends the last Friday of courses, and is closed during all university holidays and breaks.
Scheduling a meeting
Follow these steps to schedule a meeting:
- Log into Navigate
- On the left menu select "appointments"
- Click "Schedule an Appointment"
- In the first drop down select "Academic Coaching"
- Select which type of service you are seeking
- Pick a date and find an available time
- Confirm final details and click "Schedule" at the bottom of your screen
Peer coaches work in the AAC Learning Lab and are equipped to help students navigate academic and personal challenges. Peer coaches are students just like you! They understand what it is like to be a student at K-State and in many cases have probably taken the same classes as you. Peer coaches complete training on coaching techniques, campus resources, and success tools.