Second Opportunity for Academic Refocus at K-State is a program for first-year students who earned less than a 1.0 GPA during their first semester at K-State and were dismissed. The year-long, high impact SPARK program provides the opportunity for students to be readmitted immediately with Student Success support instead of waiting the required two semesters for re-admission. Students who participate will build academic success skills, stay on track to graduation, and develop skills for college and career. SPARK students enroll in a 3-hour Academic Refocus Seminar with embedded Academic Coaching and Learning Assistant.
SPARK timeline for the 2021-2022 school year
- 17 - SPARK application opens
- 22 - Students receive notice of dismissal
- 4 - SPARK applications due at 11:59pm
- 7 - Students notified of acceptance via email & receive online orientation materials
- 12 - Student orientation due
- 11, 12, & 13 - SPARK students have a virtual enrollment meeting with an Academic Advisor. Students will enroll in Spring classes at this meeting, including SPARK course.
- 14 - Enrollment Deadline
- 18 - Classes begin
Questions about SPARK?
You can direct any questions you have to email@example.com