Why vote YES!
The Union is unique because it exists to serve ALL students! As such, it is one of the only few buildings not eligible for state/university funding. Since it's founding, the Union has been funded by students, for students. While other buildings on campus could benefit from renovation, this project is vital because of it's importance to all students and tradition of student support. The time is now for us to leave a legacy through a new and improved Student Union!
• Opened in 1956, the Union is suffering from major structural deterioration.
• With climbing enrollment numbers, K-State has outgrown the current building.
• The Union cannot fully serve the K-State community in its current state.
• The east-side expansion would increase space for students, including study areas, meeting spaces, student organization offices and recreational areas.
• An upgrade would enhance retail, dining and event space to increase revenue.
• A remodel would include a new southwest entrance and more windows for natural light.
• Ensure that future generations benefit from the Union and its services and programs.
• Make substantial progress toward K-State 2025 by improving the student experience and enhancing facilities.
• Leave your mark. Since its founding, the Union has been funded by students for students.
IF WE DON'T VOTE YES, THE BUILDING WILL CONTINUE TO DETERIORATE AND ONLY DRAIN MORE MONEY FROM STUDENTS THROUGH FUTURE FEE INCREASES.