- Cardio and
- Running track
- Foyer and
Construction Update - April 2012
- The long-awaited 40' climbing wall has been completed. It is located in the new south entrance.
- Locker rooms have been completely renovated, including new showers, lockers and saunas. Check out views of the locker rooms below.
- The MAC gym roof is on and interior structure and siding is in progress.
- The snack bar at the southern entrance is in the design stage. Rec Services and Housing & Dining are collaborating on this project.
- South side landscaping plans are in their final phase.
- The south parking lot design is completed and will be out to bid mid-summer 2012.
- Office renovation will begin this summer. Staff and business operations will be moving to another on-site location while this is completed!
All construction is moving toward completion by mid- to late fall semester!
Rec Complex parking
The parking area in front of the Rec Complex from the west end of the covered walkway to the drive-around circle is closed until further notice due to construction. Parking continues to be available in the C1 parking lot accessible at Gate 9 from Kimball and the east half of the C2 lot accessible from Denison Ave.
McPherson Contractors, Inc. selected to be general contractor for the expansion project.
Construction documents are now being completed by the architects. We are hopeful that formal bids will be accepted in January. We are looking towards a spring ground breaking!
Go to the "3-D renderings and floor plans" page to view the most current set of images of our new facility.
Design development stage is complete and construction documents are being developed.
On November 13, 2007, K-State students voted yes for expansion of the Peters Recreation Complex!
Students in 1976 had the foresight to create and fund the initial Recreation Complex. Again in 1991, students saw the need to expand the facility to accommodate their increased needs for physical recreation space. In doing so, a commitment to excellence in campus recreation facilities and programming has been established by our student body.
K-State students have recognized that their campus recreation facility is more than 27 years old and is undersized for the current and future programs and activities our recreation program requires. They have voted to update and expand facilities and programs to meet the needs of the K-State student population and enhance the pursuit of a lifestyle that incorporates physical exercise and healthy lifestyle habits as a foundation for positive growth.
The Peters Recreation Complex is one of the few facilities on campus that is completely funded by student investment. This is a great example of K-State pride!