about the project
K-State students have had the vision and foresight to tax themselves to build a recreation complex that is enjoyed by the entire campus community.
This addition to the Peters Recreation Complex will include:
- Cardio and weight room. 10,000 square feet of additional cardio and weight area to total 20,000 square feet with a full complement of new cardio and weight machines, in addition to free weights.
- Running track. Indoor running track extension from 1/8 mile to 1/5 mile.
- Multi-activity courts. A multi-activity court (MAC) gym with the ability to house indoor soccer, roller hockey, floor hockey, dances, and philanthropies, as well as normal gym activities like basketball, volleyball, tennis, etc.
- Rock climbing. A dedicated area for a 36-foot indoor rock climbing wall and bouldering rocks.
- Multi-purpose rooms. Multi-purpose rooms for fitness classes, meetings, group rentals, and sport club use.
- Lounges. Relaxation lounges with flat screen televisions, wireless Internet access, and comfortable seating for pre- or post-workout relaxing. This will include a vending area with juice and snack bar.
- Additional entrance. A new southern entrance to the Rec Complex with a south parking lot. This will be located in the area south of the Rec Complex.
- Training studio. A personal training studio for specific workouts and one-on-one workouts with Wildcat trainers and nutrition consultations.
- Mind/body studios. An exercise room to house yoga, tai chi, pilates, and stretching types of activities.
- Renovation. Renovations throughout the current Rec Complex, including new locker rooms, and new gym and exercise area flooring and surfaces.