9 (child): Conflict and violence
- Read your Special Letter from your grandparent.
- Prepare your Special Letter:
Tell about a time when you were involved in a fight or disagreement. What happened?
How did you solve the conflict? Discuss ways to solve conflicts. How do you
solve your conflicts or problems with parents or friends? Anything you think
- For your grandparent's scrapbook:
Draw a picture of a time when you were in a fight or hurt by someone. At the
bottom of your picture describe what happened to you and show how you solved
- Optional Activities (Choose as many as you want to do):
- Special Code. Your grandparent may send you a special
code for the first thirteen letters of the alphabet. If they send
this you can finish by deciding on the code for the last thirteen
letters. For example if the letters L=1, E=9, V=!, O=* then what
does this say in code - 1*!9?
- Peace Banner. You will need fabric or felt, colored paper
or plain paper and crayons or watercolors. Decide on a peace design
of your choice. What kind of picture can you make about the idea
- Mail your letter and anything else you made to your grandparent.