7 (child): Helpfulness
- Read your Special Letter from your grandparent.
- Prepare your Special Letter:
Make a list of helpful things you do for your parents, neighbors, teachers,
etc. How do you feel when you do these things? Describe things that people
do for you that help you out. How do you feel when people help you? Anything
you think is important!
- For your grandparent's scrapbook:
Draw a picture of you helping your grandparent with a task. At the bottom of
the page identify what is happening in the picture.
- Optional Activities (Choose as many as you want to do):
- Nature Walk Go out for a walk. Look for interesting twigs,
rocks, leaves, etc. Arrange the rocks and other things to make
helpful people or objects. Add decorative touches with paint to
indicate eyes, nose, hair, and other body features.
- Helping Hands Paint the palms of your hands and fingers.
Make a print. Explain at the bottom of the page the ways these
hands can be helpful.
- Mail your letter and anything else you made to your grandparent.