6 (child): Honesty and commitment
- Read your Special Letter from your grandparent.
- Prepare your Special Letter:
Tell about a time when you lied or wanted to lie. How did you feel about lying?
Describe a time when someone lied to you. How did you feel about this? Anything
you think is important!
- For your grandparent's scrapbook:
Draw the outline of several balloons on a piece of paper. Inside each balloon
write a truthful statement, such as, I really like you, or I am
- Optional Activities (Choose as many as you want to do):
- Tall Tales. Write your own tall tale. Be outrageous in
your descriptions by making up a wild pretend story. If you wish,
instead of inventing a pretend story, you could describe something
that really happened to you that is very interesting. Ask your
grandparent to guess whether your story is true or a tall tale.
- Special Commitments. Make a list of ways you keep the
special commitments you have to your friends, showing them you
are a good friend.
- Mail your letter and anything else you made to your grandparent.