4 (child): Responsibility and courage
- Read your Special Letter from your grandparent.
- Prepare your Special Letter:
Tell about a time when you acted courageously. How did you feel about what
happened? Talk about the chores you are responsible for. Anything you think
- For your grandparent's scrapbook:
On a sheet of paper, complete a sentence like, It takes a lot of courage
to . . . or Responsibility is important because . . . Illustrate
your statements with drawings or pictures from magazines. or write a poem or
short story about courage.
- Optional Activities (Choose as many as you want to do):
- Future Fantasy. Draw a picture or write a story about
something you would like to do in the future or when you grow up.
Write a brief explanation of how courage or responsibility may
play an important part in this dream for your future.
- Responsibilities As You Grow. Cut pictures out of magazines
of challenges you may have to face as you grow up. Glue these pictures
to sheets of paper. Under these pictures describe how you feel
about these challenges.
- Mail your letter and anything else you made to your grandparent.