3 (child): Generosity and love
- Read your Special Letter from your grandparent.
- Prepare your Special Letter:
Talk about people in your life who make you feel special because they care
about you and do nice things for you. Tell about times when you gave to others
or shared and how you felt about doing this. Anything you think is important!
- For your grandparent's scrapbook:
Cut a circle out of construction paper and write your grandparent's name in
the middle. Add petals, leaves and a stem. On each of the leaves and petals
write something you like or appreciate about your grandparent. Glue this Love
Flower to a piece of paper. Briefly explain your flower on the back of
- Optional Activities (Choose as many as you want to do):
- Exchange of Gifts. Make a jigsaw puzzle of a picture of
yourself, your house or something else of interest to you. Paste
the picture on heavy paper or lightweight cardboard. Cut it into
a variety of shapes, or make a bookmark from felt, pasting on your
grandparent's initials or make a bookmark mouse. Cut an oval of
felt, and felt eyes and ears. Glue on a strand of yarn for a tail.
Or Paint a picture on a scrap of wood.
- Poem or Story. Create a poem or short story describing
an experience you had with giving. You could illustrate it with
your own drawings or with pictures cut from magazines.
- Mail your letter and anything else you made to your grandparent.