How to Apply
If you are an international student who will be applying for a visa:
1. Contact the Women's Studies Program and develop a formal plan of study that is approved by the Women's Studies Graduate Certificate Coordinator; this plan of study will be submitted to the Graduate School as part of your application materials.
2. Complete the online application through the KSU Graduate School.
Select "Graduate Certificate" when you are asked what type of degree you are seeking, and select "Women's Studies" from the pull-down menu to answer "What do you plan to major in at K-State?"
3. Submit a letter of application which includes a description of previous work and current interests in the discipline and a list of approved Women's Studies courses that you would like to take. Submit this letter to the Women's Studies Grad Program Coordinator, 3 Leasure Hall, KSU, Manhattan KS, 66502.
4. Submit three letters of recommendation to the Women's Studies Grad Program Coordinator, 3 Leasure Hall, KSU, Manhattan KS, 66502.
5. Submit official copies of your undergraduate and graduate transcripts to the Women's Studies Grad Program Coordinator, 3 Leasure Hall, KSU, Manhattan KS, 66502.
6. If your primary language is not English, include a TOEFL language proficiency document with your application.
Note: Achievement tests scores are not needed.
Note: There is no fee for applying to a graduate certificate program.
Admission is on an ongoing, rolling basis and we encourage applications throughout the academic year.
If you have any questions, please contact either:
Women's Studies Program Graduate Coordinator