WGRC Alumni Symposium and Weekend 19–20 July, 2013.
SYMPOSIUM 8:30AM–4:45PM 19 July, 2013.
RECEPTION 7:00PM–10:00PM 19 July 2013.
TOUR OF THE KANSAS WHEAT INNOVATION CENTER AND HEARTLAND PLANT INNOVATION FACILITIES 10AM 20 July 2013.
- For those interested in the new Kansas Wheat Commission building, the site of HPI operations, and the future home of the WGRC Gene Bank
OPEN HOUSE 12:00PM–? 20 July 2013.
- Gill Residence, 3905 Erin Circle, Manhattan, KS
TRAVEL TO MANHATTAN
- American Airlines now has five flight a day to Manhattan Regional Airport, two from Chicago and three from Dallas.
- Chicago arrivals: 12:25PM and 9:05PM
- Dallas arrivals: 10:40AM, 4:30PM, and 9:55PM
- For more information, go to http://flymhk.com/
- We will be glad to provide transportation from MHK to your hotel. Please let us know your arrival time.
ACCOMODATIONS (reserved rooms @ $119/night including breakfast)
- Hilton Garden Inn, 410 South 3rd Street, Manhattan, KS [the Hilton is just down the street from the Flint Hills Discovery Center]
- 785-532-9116 (TEL) [reference 'WGRC' when reserving a room]
- 785-532-9136 (FAX)
- register online at: www.manhattanks.hgi.com [enter the group code 'WGRC' when booking reservation]
OTHER ACCOMODATIONS IN MANHATTAN [pricing is estimated] [for a full list of lodging in the Manhattan area see: http://www.manhattancvb.org/index.aspx?nid=28]
- Fairfield Inn by Marriott, 300 Colorado Street, Manhattan KS, 785-539-2400 [across the street from the Discovery Center, $100/night]
- Hampton Inn, 501 E Poyntz Ave, Manhattan KS, 785-539-5000 [~1 mile from the Discovery Center on Highway 24, $94/night]
- Best Western Manhattan Inn, 601 E Poyntz Ave, Manhattan KS, 785-537-8300 [~1 mile from the Discovery Center on Highway 24, $74/night]
- Comfort Suites,
1020 Hostetler Dr, Manhattan KS, 785-539-9449 [~1 mile from the Discovery Center on Tuttle Creek Blvd, $102/night]
- Holiday Inn Manhattant at the Campus, 1641 Anderson Ave, Manhattan KS, 785-539-7531 [~3 miles from the Discovery Center on Anderson Ave, $125/night]
- Super 8 Motel,
200 Tuttle Creek Blvd, Manhattan KS,
785-537-8468 [~0.5 mile from the Discovery Center, $57/night]
ACCOMODATIONS ON K-STATE CAMPUS