- Twenty-two high school students from across Kansas were introduced to molecular mapping, plant transformation, and chromosome engineering.
- On 29 April, high school students from Manhattan High School were introduced to wheat physical mapping, chromosome engineering, plant transformation, and wheat morphology and history.
- Outreach Workshop for the USDA–NRI Wheat 3AS Chromosome Physical Map and BAC Sequencing Project (27 August).
- Training undergraduate students: More than 10 undergraduate students are working in the lab learning molecular biology and cytogenetic techniques.
- Training international scienists and students: Two international scientists and students are training in the laboratory.
- High-school trips: Encourage students to pursue genetics as a career.
For further information contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com